Today’s photo-a-day is cheating a little bit as it’s a photo of a photo … but I found it while clearing some stuff today and it brought so many memories flooding back …
1. This was the peak of my pony/horse crush! I’m about 7 here …
I still have a thing about horses now, nearly 42 years later!
2. My granny’s handknit arran jumper – itchy and scratchy but perfect for riding.
3. The only picture of my hair really really really long (One day, in a mood, my mother just cut that whole plait off! I cried. A lot.)
4. My favourite ever dungarees!! (thank goodness for that jumper, eh?) They were like a sateen kind of cotton … yum!
5. My mum’s gloves – black suede, and they smelled so strongly of her perfume. Heady.
6. A huge puffy black corduroy peaked cap !
7. My blue wellies – coloured plastic wellies were pretty funky back in 1970, ya know, even if they were dark blue. I loved em.
8. The hobby horse that my grandfather made me – I still remember the smell of wood and paint in his shed while I watched him make it for me. The wheels on the back are from my pram!
That horse saw a lot of action – countless Grand Nationals, Derbys, Gold Cups, showjumping and general cantery fun (all up and down the corridor in our flat ! – our poor neighbours – I have 100% karmic payback where I live now, with two boy toddlers in the house above my flat!)
Tell me about something you wore that is burned into your memory …
playing along with Fat Mum Slim’s photo-a-day